Monday, October 6, 2008

Optimus Prime Truck Transformer cake


Here is the results of my largest cake yet, finished on sunday in time for my friends son's birthday! I made most of the fondant details last week, and started the rest the beginning of this week (6 days before) . The cake was a big success, and I was really pleased with the result.



It is 22 inches long in total, and comprised of 2 x 9x13 inch yellow cakes, 1 x 9x13 inch chocolate cake and 1 x 9 inch sq chocolate cake. the cakes we sandwiched together in different layers of strawberry Jam preserve and also chocolat buttercream frosting.



I also used fondant details and painted them in edible silver dust. The large square piece of fondant ont he back is Optimus Prime's face done as a stencil, spraypainted and then outlined (all edible). The pipes are made from pretzel sticks wrapped in fondant!

2 comments:

Liz said...

All I can say is WOW!!! Everyone at the party thought this was the coolest cake they had ever seen. When I cut into it they were even more impressed with how the cake tasted, if that was even possible. It was moist and you could defiantly tell the frosting was homemade; it just melted in your mouth but was not horridly sweet.


Thank you so much for all the hard work and detail which you put into this cake. It was amazing and my son LOVED it!!

Anonymous said...

That cake is amazing! I am so impressed. Kudos to your hard work and training...your cakes have always been amazing and now you've taken it to another lever. Can't wait to see and taste the next creation.
-Sarab (Plymouth, Mi)

Followers